Be YOU on Your Wedding Day: 5 Tips for Looking and Feeling Your Best
There are many “do’s and dont’s” to follow when in search of your perfect wedding look, but more than anything, be sure to be YOU!
Your wedding day will be one of the most celebrated times of your life. All eyes will be on you and of course you want to look and feel amazing. Here are a few tips we share with our Brides at House of Maya to make sure they look stunning, but very much like themselves, when walking down the aisle to say “I do”.
1. The perfect shoe: Be sure to choose a shoe that is comfortable for you to walk well in. Not use to wearing heels? Your wedding day is not the day to start!
2. The perfect undergarments: It is imperative that you wear well constructed undergarments that comfortably hold you “up” and “in” your dress. If you are not use to showing a considerable amount of cleavage or your back, then perhaps consider an illusion neckline or back on your big day.
3. Try on several gowns to get a feel for what you like and don’t like, but not try on too many gowns!
Trust your consultant to find that sweet spot. Trying on too many gowns can prove to be overwhelming and just confuse the decision.
4. Come to the trying on experience with an open mind. Be sure not to judge a gown by the way it looks on the hanger. Give it a try! You may be pleasantly surprised!
5. Finally, be sure to do a trial run for your hair and makeup with your wedding day accessories prior to the big day. Make sure you like the way things look together and that your accessories are not overpowering you. Not one for up-dos? Then a high bun full of pin curls may not be the best look for you! Something more soft, but polished may be a better choice.
Overall, comfort is key. Simply put, be YOU on your wedding day, but perhaps a “2.0 version”. After all, it is your wedding day! Shine!
Cheers! ~ Maya