Weddings are expensive and if you’re anything like me you like to cut costs and save money whenever possible. Here’s a list of 10 ways to reduce the amount you spend on your BIG day!
1. Keep your guest list small. Keep it intimate, the more people you invite the more money that you will have to account for invitations, party favors, thank you cards, food etc.
3. Serve signature drinks only. This way you don’t have to dish out extra money for an open bar.
4. Something borrowed, something new, something blue. Borrow everything you can in tradition… and save money 🙂
5. Use a flower that is in season. You may have had your dream wedding details all picked out, such as the flowers. Make sure you pick a date for your wedding that the flowers will be in season or be open to choosing another flower!
6. Keep your rehearsal dinner casual. Maybe do a backyard BBQ, rather than renting out a spot or going to a restaurant and picking up everyone’s tab. This is just an added cost that you really don’t have to incur.
7. Create a budget and stick to it. Set aside a specific amount of money for each section and stay true to that amount. Set priorities with your fiancé- if you go over in one area that is very important to you, that is fine, simply cut back on something that isn’t as special to the both of you!
8. Consider a consigned dress! Making the choice to cut cost on your wedding is already a tough choice. To take the money away from your dress budget to divide it up for other cost is an even tougher one. Buying consignment is not a bad idea at all and it could even eliminate some of your stress in the end. Try House of Maya’s sample and consignment boutique, Priveè Bride of Ghent!
10. Go vintage for your wedding bands. Make the choice with your future spouse to go vintage on the wedding bands! They will save you money and they will be unique!
Breana is a Bridal Stylist at the lovely Maya of Maya Couture on Main, located in the heart of downtown Suffolk, VA. she has been with the House of Maya Family since the beginning of April 2016; Breana currently has command over their Instagram account (@mayacoutureonmain.) along with being one of the top selling stylists at MCOM. Breana was born and raised in Richmond, VA where she continued her education and graduated from Virginia State University with a degree in Fashion Merchandising. When you come into contact with Breana, you will soon find that her bubbly personality will radiate through the room* bounce off* and make your day a little brighter. When she is not working, she spends quality time with her family, loves soaking up the sun while reading books, watching movies & Netflix, and finds her artsy self in painting and sewing. Of course, with the love of social media and online skills she spends countless hours on Pinterest, looking for all the upcoming creative trends. Breana has an intense desire & enthusiasm to help each and every one of her brides feel a little more special and to make their day complete by finding their perfect gown